At the point of booking the appointment with your surgery, you will be asked whether you agree to share your patient record so that the local clinicians at the GP Hub are able to access your record and also share relevant information back to your Surgery. This is necessary so that the appropriate notes and referrals can be passed on to your surgery for follow-up actions.
Peterborough GP Hub
City Care Centre (Thorpe Road, Peterborough. PE3 6DB)
Monday – Friday 18:30-20:30
Saturday 09:00-13:00 and 13:30-17:30
About the service:
The GP Hub, based at The City Care Centre offers routine evening and weekend appointments for Peterborough patients. Spearheaded by the Greater Peterborough Network and local GP Practices, the GP Hub brings together dedicated GPs, ANP’s, Nurses, and Healthcare Assistants to provide unparalleled primary care services. This service is available to practices purchasing extended access hours from GPN. Appointments can be easily made and booked for you by calling your Registered Surgery and asking for a GP Hub appointment.
What Support We Offer:
GP/Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Skin conditions, such as mild acne and mild eczema
- Cough and colds
- Ear, Nose, Throat (including nasal congestion, sore throat and ear pain)
- Constipation and haemorrhoids (piles)
- Hay fever and allergies
- Aches and pains, such as headaches and back pain
- Indigestion, diarrhoea and threadworms
- Period pain and thrush
- Warts, athletes foot and verruca’s, mouth ulcers and cold sores
- Children common ailments including nappy rash and teething
- Muscle and joint injuries, including strains and sprains
- Minor lacerations, cuts and infected wounds
- Acute illness – eg: chest infection
- Smear Tests
- Wound Management
- Stitch Removal
- Staple Removal
- Prescribed injections (B12, Zoladex, depo ect) PATIENT MUST BRING INJECTION WITH THEM
Health Care Assistant
- Blood Pressure
- NHS Health Checks
- Annual Diabetic Reviews and Foot Checks
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the GP Hub?
The GP Hub is a new GP led evening and weekend service where local GPs, Nurses and Health Care Assistants offer a range of services for patients registered at participating practices
What services are available at the GP Hub?
- GP and Nurse Prescriber consultations
- Practice Nurse appointments offering cervical smears, wound care, etc.
- HCA appointments for blood tests
Who can access the GP Hub?
Any patient registered at the following GP surgeries listed below:
- AILSWORTH MEDICAL CENTRE
- BOROUGHBURY MEDICAL CENTRE
- BOTOLPH BRIDGE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE
- CENTRAL MEDICAL CENTRE
- CLARKSON SURGERY
- NEW QUEEN STREET AND STANGROUND SURGERY
- NENE VALLEY AND HODGSON MEDICAL PRACTICE
- NIGHTINGALE MEDICAL CENTRE
- NORTH BRINK PRACTICE
- OLD FLETTON SURGERY
- PARSONS DROVE SURGERY
- PASTON HEALTH CENTRE
- THE GRANGE MEDICAL CENTRE
- THISTLEMOOR MEDICAL CENTRE
- THOMAS WALKER & WESTGATE HEALTHCARE
- THORPE ROAD SURGERY
- WESTWOOD CLINIC
- WILLOW TREE SURGERY
- WANSFORD SURGERY
- YAXLEY GROUP PRACTICE
Where is the GP Hub based?
The GP Hub provides services from:
Peterborough City Care Centre
What are the opening times for the GP Hub?
Appointments are available to patients between 18:30-20:30 Monday – Friday and 9:00-13:00 and 13:30-17:30 on Saturdays
How do I get an appointment at the GP Hub?
Call your GP surgery and ask for an appointment at the GP Hub. They will be able to book you into their next available evening or Saturday appointment.
Is there free car parking at the GP Hub?
There is free, secured parking for the first 30 minutes at the City Care Centre. if you exceed the 30 minutes you will be required to pay £1 when exiting the carpark.
If I book an appointment at the GP Hub, will they have access to my medical record?
You will not be able to be seen by the GP Hub service. You will need to wait for the next available appointment at your registered GP surgery.
How do I make a complaint to the GP Hub?
If you wish to make a complaint about any of the services that GPN offer
Please email your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your name, date of birth, phone number, and a reason for your complaint
Alternatively, you can call us on 01733 666670 and a member of our team will direct your call.
My surgery is not on the list, how can I get an evening or Saturday appointment?
All surgeries are required to provide evening and Saturday appointments to their patients. Some choose to deliver this themselves or in partnership with other GP surgeries. Please ask your surgery about evening and Saturday appointments.